The Company “Kilkotagiri and Thirumbadi Plantations Limited” was incorporated in the year 1919. The journey started, immediately after its incorporation on 23rd December. Thereafter, “Kilkotagiri and Thirumbadi Plantations Limited” started commencing business, and indulged into Tea, Coffee & Rubber. Company’s Tea division is situated in Nilgiris, Tamilnadu, having total area of about 812 hectares, consisting of Tea and Coffee. Rubber plantation is located in Kerala, near Calicut, having total area of about 724 hectares.
Presently, the Company Kilkotagiri and Thirumbadi Plantations Limited is part of S.K. Bangur group. The Board of Directors consists of: Shri S.K. Bangur as Chairman, Smt. Shashi Bangur, Shri Virendraa Bangur, Shri S.K. Poddar, Shri. Krishna Kumar Lohia as Directors and Shri. M. K. Patwari – Whole Time Director & Chief Executive Officer.Read more
The NILGIRIS, was originally a part of Mysore. It was ceded to The East India Company, after the defeat of Tipu Sultan, during the fourth Anglo Mysore war in 1799. There are two reasons why the NILGIRIS is called so. First is the smoky blue haze which covers the hills, when it is viewed from the plains. The other is flowering of Neelakurinji (Strobilanthes), which carpets the hills with purplish blue flowers, once in twelve years.View History
Kilkotagiri Estate demonstrates an increasingly high degree of compliance, with continuous improvement criteria oriented around the following areas:
Pinnacle Krishna, 581/4, 2nd Floor, D. B. Road, R. S. Puram, Coimbatore-641002. Tamilnadu.